Tuesday, December 06, 2005

streaming the pod

This is not a Godblog. I feel that I need to make that clear as I reflect that the photos in my first 2 entries were of a Roman Catholic cathedral and a stained glass window from an Anglican church.

Today's digipic features my home town – Northwich (Cheshire, UK). Whenever I pass this bridge in sunlight with the b/w buildings as a backdrop I think that I should take another photo although I am now undergoing therapy to help control this urge.


This may only be a short entry - but it contains a podcast! How impressive is that eh? It is a musical podcast (they don't have to be speech) and one that you won't find elsewhere on the web - it's KT Tunstall singing Bob Dylan's 'Simple Twist of Fate' - and there's more! The astonishing thing is that it comes to you as streaming audio which means it should play straight away without having to wait for the file to download (on a slow 56k modem this may not play without pausing but it will be fine on broadband of any flavour).
Click the link below to load the page with the streaming audio. If you get asked something technical about allowing Active Content then say OK - I assure you that I have nothing to gain by trashing your computer (think about it - how do I know that you're not frighteningly large with a history of violence?). Right, if it works, give a quid to Oxfam. Come on now, you're getting a really good song and taking part in a groundbreaking internet advance. (Students and OAPs - 50p)

CLICK HERE for the audio
after the page has loaded use the player controls to start/stop the music.

2 comments:

Drew Buddie said...

Hi there - how did you make that podcast? And how did you include the link?

Drew Buddie said...

Oh and I WILL go into my local OXFAM and give a £1 as you suggest tomorrow - I promise!