Thursday, December 08, 2005

remote control

This may be old hat to you seasoned bloggers, but I'm new to this and the option to post a blog by email from 'Gorlan Bach' (the log cabin in Snowdonia which, sadly, I will soon be losing) or Tierra del Fuego (notice the connection?) seems to give this activity a new dimension. Now that I think about it however I have to wonder why it would be necessary to do that. After all, if you have access to the net, why not post your blog the normal way? Maybe it's to do with mobile phones - or PDAs or whatever. Either way it has to be clever so this entry is by email from work. (It's my lunchtime so I'm not stealing college time, OK?) I have no idea what will happen at the 'breadcrumb' end of this operation, but I do know that you won't get a photo with it - the mail-to-blog facility doesn't allow it. Come on you Google blogging programmers - lets get that one sorted.

P.S. Have you heard Richard Ashcroft's 'Break the Night With Colour' - a pleasant chillout - it's off the new album - I might buy it if the rest of it is that good. And what about Jose Ganzalez? I'd never heard of him until I caught a track on the radio today - don't know what it was called but it was good so I'm going to have to investigate. Amazon tells me that his debut album is called Veneer. 'All Music Guide' calls it: "A striking collection of hushed and autumnal indie pop bedroom songs that reside on the hi-fi end of the lo-fi spectrum." (pretentious or what?). I'll check it out and report back.

No comments: