Saturday, December 03, 2005

a Podcast Predicament


I was blackmailed again today - emotionally that is. I received yet another email containing spiritually rewarding, healthy living rules for becoming a good person (example: "don't let a little dispute spoil a great relationship" or "be gentle with the earth") the contents of which I couldn't really take issue with. These are the sort of sentiments that appear at the bottom of the page in Readers Digest (at the end of the story about the girl who has fought her way back into the Nepalese bobsleigh team after losing an arm in a grain silo accident). The point is that I have to pass it on in order to receive good fortune - within 96 hours specifically - the obvious corollary being that if I'm a selfish, idle arse who doesn't spread the good word then nice things won't happen to me. That is blackmail in anyone's book! What should I have done? By forwarding it I put someone else in the same predicament that I am in, and maybe I end up annoying a friend. On the other hand if we all adopt these mantras for living what a brilliant world we would find ourselves in. Sod it - I'll send it to Australia and see if the world gets just a little bit better (and if I get the promised good fortune). I'll report back after 96 hours or so.

This is my first blog - I should have mentioned that earlier (that's why there's a firework spectacular photo at the top of this page (I intend to show off with one of my digipics with each blog entry) and I don't know when my second will be (maybe tomorrow, maybe after Christmas - what suspense!). I'm going to have to get to grips with this blogging scene and I fully intend to embrace podcasting for good measure. I got interviewed by telephone for a podcast last week - so I speak with some authority on these matters. Also, a Very Eminent Government ILT Expert (VEGIE) wants to come to my college and interview me in the New Year because he thinks that I am a leading light in the podcast community (a slight misunderstanding which I was largely responsible for by writing an email to a group of IT professionals which sort of implied that I knew a thing or two about the game). This is absolutely true - so I am going to have to get up to speed a bit sharpish in order to maintain the guru status that I have accidentally acquired. I'll report back after the VEGIE has visited me.


P.S.
I have to thank Lizzie for bravely showing me her blog (well it's so personal and so many f-words! Quite shocking from such a well bred young spinster) and providing me with the incentive to start thebreadcrumbtrail. Where did that name come from? Oh come on you must be able to work that one out - clue - Irish rock music. Talking of music - have you heard The Stands (Horse Fabulous)? No? Go and check it out immediately. See you later
AJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a very accomplished first blog! Wish everyone's blogs were like that. Don't get me started on the reader's digest. I am always suspicious of any publication that is read solely in the bathroom. I am NOT a spinster. Bad Alan.