Thursday, December 08, 2005

another place

one of the 100 body castingsthe mail-to-blog wasn't a huge success to be honest. I lost all the formatting, had to remove a load of garbage from the end (my fault I forgot to put in the hash/end command on my email) - the headline didn't appear correctly and I couldn't use a photo. So I ended up doing a big edit just to whip it into shape - won't bother again unless I'm stranded in the mountains of Lesotho with an internet phone (I don't forsee that possibility in the immediate future, but do intend visiting that country when we have enough money to start building classrooms for
Befole Primary School).

Crosby beach - Antony Gormley's Another Place
So, here's a couple of digipics just to break up the boring text. They are recent photos of Antony Gormley's 'Another Place' installation (100 full size body castings gazing out to sea) currently at Crosby beach (near Liverpool) and bound for New York when it leaves Crosby in November 2006.

Antony Gormley is famous for the 'Angel of the North' which can be seen near Gateshead (or a little nearer to home on the famous darkhorse website!)

No comments: