Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Corris Railway, North Wales, 2005?

I bought three books at Christmas.
  • Does Anything Eat Wasps? (it turns out that lots of other creatures do!)
  • Who Moved My BlackBerry?
  • Is it Just Me or is Everything Shit?
Do you notice anything there? I'm worried now.
I appear to have fallen for a marketing trick.

Publisher "How are we going to get this book into the bestsellers list?"
Marketer "Put a question mark at the end of the title. You'll be selling them faster than you can print them."
Publisher "Yeah? Even if it's tat?"
Marketer "Sure. Just bring it out in November for the Christmas shoppers. They buy this stuff without even looking inside the covers."

I shall be reviewing one of these books in a blog or two (watch out Time Warner - I'm annoyed)

No comments: